Friday 20 February 2015

60 Shades of Slay- S'bonga and the limelight


Living in very busy and 'happening' towns can somehow prove to be a challenge when you relocate to small and 'less recognised' ones. I've been to Piet Retief, Mpumalanga for a while and my hungry eye hasn't stopped looking for its 'delicacy'. Met up with a very inspirational young man who is determined to leave a mark.

 S'bonga Mthembu is a fashionista and aspiring radio personality. Recently made a debut at Mkhondo FM (a community radio station in Piet Retief) and everyone LOVED him.




What really caught my eye is his fashion sense. The way he dresses (and the story behind each item) are such an inspiration. 

Who inspires your fashion sense? First of all, I dress myself. I am my own stylist band I come up with my own creations. I of course get help from here and there if need be. I admire a lot of people when it comes to fashion. Donald never gets it wrong. His style is just out there and a few personalities  match the standard.  
Let's talk radio. What's happening at Mkhondo FM? I did my first show this past Monday. I'm doing a fashion feature and giving out updates on the latest trends. Judging from the response I got after the show, people loved my 5min slot and I'm hoping for the best.

 What are your future plans. Where are you going from here? My main focus is to develop myself into this huge brand that everyone will want to relate with. I'm here to leave a mark in the fashion world. People associate fashion and success with the big cities like Johannesburg and all, whereas it is just everywhere. Mpumalanga will not be the same again.People should be on the lookout. A lot ofbexciting things are on the way.

No comments: