Monday 13 April 2015

Five Straight-Up points on how to enjoy happiness!

courtesy pic

The thing with me is that I don't always know where to start. Coming up with a start-off point for this post has been an issue I must say. Apart from anything else, I felt like I should let my readers close to me, into my space and allow you to have a share of how I feel. I have spent a valuable amount of time tying to look deep into happiness, figuring out how one can reach a point where they could happily say they are content.

We have all, at some point, spent a lot of valuable time trying to please others and helping them build their happiness and maybe plainly using ourselves as stepping stones while they step up high trying to reach for their goals. in the process we ignore our own goals as individuals. I have been a victim myself until I felt it was ENOUGH! I have tried to narrow it down to 5 'major' points that have seem to work for me. Of course there is a lot that works for a lot of people but this just works a great deal for me. 

 1. Reconnect with God- to find inner peace

Happiness has to come from within, and to be frank, there is no other way to obtain it apart from consulting the man up-stairs. I have realized, He doesn't just make you feel whole only, He gives you purpose and a million reasons to enjoy the life He gives you (John 10:10). It is true, a majority of us have tried (at least at some point) to find closure in him and met disappointments that made us backslide, but an effort to reconnect is a very important step towards happiness. 

2. Spend quality time with family

I am always on the internet and that really irks a lot of the people around me :-) . Being online all the time, one tends to come across a lot of interesting stuff. Recently I saw an image that made me view the value of family in a completely different way I must say. Someone says that the words "Friend, Boyfriend, Girlfriend and Best friend" have "END" except for 'Family', it has 'ILY (I Love You). In all these years, I have been meeting new people (I would safely say every week) and all of them have added/subtracted value in my life but through it all, I have not met anyone like my family. Friends always try to make us feel like family, but reality always sinks in and reminds us that no matter how hard we may try to make this work, we are not family. Family will not let you down (at least most of the time). Spending time with people that love you will help you find closure, and besides, you will be in the right environment to make mistakes and not be judged. 

courtesy pic


3. Have a mentor 

We all have someone we look up to. It is true that some of us still need to snap out of the mentality that we are our own mentors and we are self-motivated. Truth be told, we all need inspiration once in a while, when days seem so dark, there is no better way of getting inspired than consulting, obviously from someone who has been on the same path as you are. One mistake we tend to make, however, is trying to imitate the people we look up to and forget that they are also human and they commit mistakes.

4. Have time for friends - Hang out more often

In as much as friends should not entirely be part of the road to happiness and success, they however bring a vital ingredient in the whole journey. Hanging out with my buddies has proven to be a very great thing in my life. This also brings me to the importance of choosing the right 'crowd'. Hang out with the kind of friends that will fuel your growth, the ones that will make your life change in a very positive way. 

5. Relax your mind with recreational activities 


A lot of my friends, family and just everyone around me will tell you how much I love horse riding. I have even went to the extent of falling in love with not just the sport itself but the horses (as it is supposed to be with every rider, of course). This is how I relax my mind. This is where I find comfort when I feel knocked down in life. Horses have become a very important aspect in my life and I truly cannot imagine life without them. They truly make me happy. Horses and riding may not do it for you but trying to find (if you don't already have) an activity that will help you relax and unwind, is such a very important thing. This is how we run away from pressures around us, that will force us to do things that are not part of our road to happiness. 

Thank you very much for reading. Let's carry-on with the conversation, hit me up on my social media:
Twitter:@MlondziClass
Email: mlondinkambule@gmail.com




No comments: