Wednesday 11 March 2015

The smokehouse and Grill in Braamfontein- The place to be at!!



-courtesy picture

Johannesburg- I recently went out with friends for drinks and a snack. I'm not a Joburg person so I need a little guidance here and there when it comes to hangout spots and all. Well, my Joburger friend suggested we try out The Smokehouse and Grill

The moment you enter through the door, you feel the 'vibe'. The positive energy by the waiters just instantly make you feel at home! As a former coffee shop owner, proper customer service is what I always look out for when I go out. I am always on the lookout for waiters on their phones while on duty, waiters that don't wear a smile when approaching you (PS: this job doesn't care you had a bad day or what, a smile is ESSENTIAL). I can positively say my check list was never ticked even once. These guys are good!

From the moment I went in with my friends, we were greeted with a huge smile from a very smart looking (yes, I watch out for that too) waiter who directed us to our table. Asked what we would like to drink before we order food (shows he was trained. Unlike some who just jump to taking food orders). I and one friend ordered Mojitos and the other 'boring' ones ordered still water :). That was the best mojito I ever had in my whole life! The mint leaves were fresh and everything was just mixed very well.


-Courtesy pic


I was very much impressed by the way our waiter was paying attention to us. Like we literally never had to shout or wave at him when we needed service. He just knew what to do when. Everything that happened from  when we walked in to the moment we walked out made me decide that next time I am in the Johannesburg CBD, I am definitely doing The smokehouse and grill.

Find them in Braamfontein, 73 Juta sreet, Johannesburg.

Thank you very much for reading :)

Remember to follow The Smokehouse and grill on Facebook.

And follow my food adventures on:
Twitter/Instagram-@MlondziClass 

No comments: